Annual Charity Open Day at Westport House, Sunday, June 10th
Fundraising event in support of Western Care Association & Westport Children’s Choir
We are holding our annual Charity Open Day from 12pm to 6pm on Sunday, June 10th. The Hughes family and ouronsite partners open up “The Best Family Holiday Destination in Ireland*” and all of ourfacilities for absolutely free in the hope that you’ll dig deep for this year’s charity partners, Western Care who are providing services for people with disabilities and autism across Mayo and Westport Children’s Choir who are fundraising to send 15 of their members to perform in Carnegie Hall.
This amazing family day out includes free use all of the rides, slides, boats and trains of the Pirate Adventure Park, entry to the stunning historic house or the zip wire ride, live music and entertainment – all for absolutely free. The Open Day is a great opportunity to make a donation in aid of our charity partners and we encourage every adult to contribute €5 per person to these very worthy causes. There will be opportunities to donate to volunteers shaking buckets, buy raffle tickets for fantastic prizes and make a donation for face painting – ALL funds collected on the day will be split 50/50 between the two charities.
The FREE Open Day provides hours of fun and entertainment for all of the family:
- With over 30 architecturally stunning rooms and 6 permanent exhibitions open to the public, the House truly is the jewel in the crown of the estate.
- With an investment of €200,000 in plant machinery and hiring of 5 new groundskeepers, the gardens at Westport House are looking stunning. Take our Gardens Tour scheduled for 2pm, 3pm and 4pm where you’ll learn all about the historic landscape.
- The Pirate Adventure Park will entertain the little ones with its splash-tastic Pirates Plunge, Pirate Queen Swinging Ship, 30 foot Cannon Ball run slide, Westport House Express train, Go Karts, Pirates Den indoor soft play area, bouncy castles, playgrounds and much more! There are a couple of NEW attractions for the kids so be sure to come along to see them.
- Adventure West will offer archery
- Additional attractions on the day will include live entertainment at the house with very talented musicians and groups from across the county, a raffle and face painting for the kiddies. Entertainment will include performances by Westport Youth Choir, Westport Children’s Choir, Mr Whippy and more exciting acts to be announced!
Western Care Association is a long established Mayo-based charity that delivers internationally accredited services and supports to more than 1,300 children and adults with intellectual and associated disabilities and autism in a community setting through a network of more than sixty day centres, group and respite homes and other living solutions in all the major towns around the County
A new and very exciting opportunity has appeared for Westport Children’s Choir – the chance to perform in front of an audience of almost 3,000 people in New York’s Carnegie Hall, perhaps the best-known concert hall in the world. Distinguished Concerts International New York (www.DCINY.org) have invited the Children’s Choir to travel to New York in June 2018 to take part alongside other outstanding youth choirs. The letter of invitation read “These wonderful musicians not only represent a high quality of music and education, but they also become ambassadors for the entire community. This is an event of extreme pride for everybody and deserving of the community’s recognition and support”.
Westport House, the home of family fun in the West, is very much looking forward to welcoming you. Westport House is open daily from 10am, the Westport Train Tour runs the entertaining sight-seeing tour of the town at weekends, the Pirate Adventure Park opens weekends in May and from Wednesday to Sunday in June and daily during July & August, and the 3 star Caravan & Camping Park is now open for the season. The Hughes family and team have lots of new and exciting additions to showcase in 2018 and look forward to welcoming you on the 10th June – we hope that you’ll come back to visit again during 2018.
Westport House’s Open Day promises to be a fantastic day out for all the family, and is in aid of two fantastic causes, so come on me hearty, get on board.